Running at the gym with Heather, Amy, & mom.
We left Saturday morning at 8:00.
Mom made us all super cute Mickey jackets to wear.
Let the fun begin!!!
I had to take a picture of this for Hunter & Rob.
First stop after checking in at the hotel was the race expo to pick up our packets & look around. We didn't stay long because we were all ready to get to the parks. Rita had never been to Disney.
Our first park to visit was Hollywood Studios.
We actually convinced Mom & Rita to ride the Tower of Terror. This is me, Amy, & Heather waiting in line.
We left Hollywood & headed to Magic Kingdom for the light parade & fireworks.
Then it was time to head back to the hotel to get ready for the race. We had to get up at 3:30 am to catch the bus for the race.
| Our bibs, protein, race shirt & decals. |
Before the race in our costumes.
26,000 people participated in the race.
It's a small world. We ran into Lyndi Capegreco who we played softball against in college. We played a few tournaments with her after college. She & her mom were doing the race.
Starting line....here we go!
Entertainment during the race.
running through Cinderella's Castle.
Time to Gu.
Mile 10 I was exhausted and dripping in sweat. But only 3.1 left!!! At this point I started getting really sweet encouraging text from Rob & the kids.
Rob, Hunter, & Haley sent me the sweetest text during the race.
Rob is so sweet, he posted this on Facebook after the race.
Mickey & Minnie were waiting at the finish line.
My run keeper screen! I like the calories part. LOL
My medal.
My feet had blisters on the bottom of them. I went to the gift shop and bought some Crocs. They are so cute with Mickey heads.
I ate my chicken quesidilla & cheese fries so fast I didn't get a picture but I managed to get one of my favorite part of the meal. My yummy chocolate croissant.
We went to Animal Kingdom after a shower. Notice we are all in comfy shoes.
The safari ride.
I was sunburned, exhausted, dehydrated & felt sick to my stomach, so I went back to the room for a nap while everyone else finished Animal Kingdom & headed to Downtown Disney.
Tuesday was our last day at the parks. We all woke up sore so the Bengay was used like lotion. We headed to the Magic Kingdom.
All the years we have been to Disney we have never thought to take a picture from the train station. What a good location.
You can't take this crazy girl anywhere!
One of my favorite rides is the Runaway Coal Train.
Who doesn't love It's a Small World.
Pooh & Tigger
Wildlife at Disney. We saw the little lizards everywhere.
Pirates of the Carribean
Dinner on the patio.
Our transportation for the weekend.
Beautiful sky on our last night.
Sad to leave Disney(especially at 3:45am) but so ready to see our kiddos & hubbies.
On the plane home we watched the sun rise. God creates such beauty!!
I love puffy clouds!
My certificate.
We had a great trip. It was fun to spend time with my mom & sisters. I am proud of our accomplishment.























That is awesome! Congrats!!!
ReplyDelete