Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Relay for Life & Tiger Baseball

Relay for Life
Saturday night was Arlington's Relay for Life.  This was my first year to wear the purple shirt and walk the survivor lap.  I am so thankful for the hard work that went into planning this event.  Arlington raised over $46,000 for the American Cancer Society.





me & LeAn




Walking the red carpet

getting my survivor medal




1st lap



Survivors

me & my mom


My sweet momma bought a bag in my honor and one of my students parents decorated it so pretty.  She even put the thyroid cancer ribbon on it.

Adina introduced me to one of her friends that I have talked to on Facebook.  Sherrer & I have both have recently battled and beaten thyroid cancer.  I  enjoyed meeting her in person and look forward to keeping in touch with her.
Me & Sherrer

We saw Brad, Brooke & the kids.  Of course mom & I got to hold the girls.  They are growing so fast.


AES had team so I got to visit with many of my school friends.

Livia
me & Qua

Qua, Charnita & kids doing the Wobble

me, Amy & Izzie

Stacie, Katie & Mrs. Gore on one of the special laps

Me & Adina, one of my oldest, dearest & best friends

Tigers Baseball












It was an exhausting but fun weekend.  I thank God everyday for the blessings he has given me.  I could not have made it through the last few months without God.  He taught me about letting go, peace, understanding, and patience.  I thank him daily for this experience and the lessons I have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment