Sunday, January 1, 2012

HaPpY NeW YeAr 2012!!!!

Several years ago we went skiing in Gatlinburg with the Huber's  we didn't realize it then but we started a new tradition of spending New Year's Eve with them.   With football and basketball being so busy we don't get to see them very much from August - December.  It was so nice to just relax, eat and hang out with good friends.

the girls enjoyed making snacks

the boys played outside almost all night

just some of the yummy snacks

I love these two!

Nick

Trish & Jeff

Just relaxing
Trace & Amanda
 I love hanging out with these ladies!  Never a dull moment!
Me, Trish, Suzy & Amanda

Will decided to take the Polar Bear Plunge!  He came inside and said "Mrs Ziggy do you have your camera?"  I know that's a silly question!  I went outside and he jumped in the pool.  I put my toe in and about froze.  I don't know how he did it.  He quickly took a hot shower and put on a sweatshirt then was back outside playing.

 A great time was had by all!


New Year's Day started with a wonderful worship service.  

Hannah wearing her Gator's dress that mamaw made

The girls in their new dresses.
After church we enjoyed our normal Sunday meal at Mezcal.  Then we headed out to do a little batting practice.  Well Hunter & Rob did batting practice while Haley & I pitched & hit the volleyball.  It was a beautiful day and I can't think of any better way to start the new year then with the people I love doing things we enjoy doing.

2011 TOP TEN 
10 things I am thankful for while looking back on 2011.

10 - Trials, well not actually the trials, but the real life lessons that came from the trials and taught my
family about telling the truth, dedication, determination, honesty, loyalty and friendship.  Life lessons aren't always easy when you are going through them but they are part of life.  How we handle and react to them builds our character. 

9 - We made it an entire year without having to go to a funeral.  That may sound weird but from 2008-2010 we attended funerals for many loved ones (at least 6).  So I am very thankful for a year with no losses.

8 - New friendships we have made this year. 

7 - Robbie & I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary.  I am thankful God gave me Robbie.  He is my best friend.

6 - Hannah Grace started walking with her walker.

5 - Hunter earned MVP on his football team.

4 - Haley worked very hard and made Honor Roll several times.

3 - Family vacation to Gulf Shores.  We had so much fun just being with each other and being lazy.

2 - Hunter became a christian.  I am so thankful that God blessed me with my children.  I am more proud of Hunter's decision to become a christian than I could ever be of any sports or school accomplishment.  It fills my heart with joy to know he realizes God has a plan for him and that God comes first.

1 - My Family.  God blessed me with an amazing family!!  I get to see my parents, nieces, nephews & siblings every week.  I am so thankful my family is so close, happy, and healthy!


HaPpY NeW YeAr!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment