Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"Happy on Humpday"

Wednesday(Hump Day) of the last week of school before Winter break is really a "Happy" all by itself but today was even better than normal!

When I went to lunch I was told I had flowers.  I NEVER get flowers so I was so excited.  When I read the card I wanted to cry.  My friend Christine is so wonderful.  She is my workout buddy. (We've been slacking as of late hint hint Christine!!)  I was blessed to have her as Haley's 2nd & 3rd grade teacher as well as my co-worker for so many years!  She is the type of friend you can talk and trust with anything.  She has a special place in my heart. 

It is hard to see in the picture but the flowers are in the cutest ornament container with a lid.  I will be able to use it every year!


 When I went down stairs to get my baked potato.  I had another sweet surprise.  I was given the best hugs and kisses from my sweet niece Izzie.  She waved from the window and blew me kisses as she was leaving.  I love that sweet girl!



Sonja's husband Kevin went to Paint-a-piece for me and picked up our 16 boxes of very breakable ornaments for our 2nd grade parents.  When I got back to my room from lunch I opened the box and found my Haleybug's ornament.  I can't believe how good they turned out.  I was so happy with them and love it so much.  I am so happy to have this keepsake of Haley's last year at school with me.

her handprint

After dropping Hunter off at basketball I enjoyed a nice quiet dinner with my wonderful hubby.  We don't ever get to go out to eat just the two of us so we soaked up every minute.  We put our phones on silent(we didn't turn them off because our kids were not with us and they know they can always reach one of us) and enjoyed each others company. 


When I thought my day couldn't get any better I got to hold my little Hannah Grace during church.  She played making a pooting noise with her mouth and saying "I pooted" then laughing because Hunter was laughing so hard.   I had to tell him to quit or go out for a minute.   She then proceeded to stand(yes stand) in my lap saying "see Cheeto" pointing to my brother who was at the time preaching a devotional to the congregation.  He did a great job despite the happy little distraction.
The part that made me swell up with tears was when Hannah said to me "no Ziggy I want to stand".  I am so thankful for this little girl and the strides she has made.  In her 3 little years of life she has taught me the power of prayer and that God truly has a plan for everyone.  It may not be the plan we have or what we want but he knows what we need and always provides.  I can't thank him enough for all of the blessings I have in my life!
1 Chronicles 16:34 - "O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment